My Little Sand Castle is a new Child Care Centre hiring Early Childhood Assistants. We provide Extended Care program for families from 6.00 a.m. till 7.00 p.m. The first shift starts at 6:00 am and the last shift ends at 7:00 pm Monday to Friday. This position will include opportunity for you to work 35-40 hours a week.
- All individuals must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- All individuals must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and should be able to provide vaccination proof.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and implement developmentally age-appropriate activities for children with the Centre’s philosophy.
- Adhere with provincial and municipal program policies and procedures, and licensing requirements.
- Provide and maintain a safe, secure, organized, and clean learning environment both in the classroom and outdoors.
- Ensure children are always supervised.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and professional developments as required.
- Ensure that health, safety, and all standards are met according to Ministry regulations.
- Prepare and maintain daily attendance, documentation and other reports/records as required.
- Support children with their meals and snacks including food preparation and clean up.
- Participate in daily COVID duties including but limited to screening children upon arrival, clean and sanitize procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Early Childhood Assistant Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Child Care Early Years Act is an asset.
- A passion for working with Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers.
- Available for rotating shifts including opening shift and closing shift and flexibility in assigned working hours.
- Capable of collaborating with team, working independently and exemplify professionalism.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Infants, toddlers and/or preschool children in a childcare environment.
- Physically able to pick up a minimum 40 lbs.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification.
- Up-to-date immunization records including TB test.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge working with Microsoft products i.e.: Outlook, Teams etc., and use technology including phones, computers, and tablets.
*No soliciting please.
If you meet all the above requirements, please send us your cover letter and resume.
My Little Sand Castle provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All individuals must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and must be able to provide the vaccine status.